Exclamation Blakc Plague

I have a few questions for a test coming up and I do not know the answers. I am doing independant study from home and do not get a book and must use the internet as a resource. I was wondering these questions about the dark ages,

What is the name of the black swellings associated with the disease?

what were the people called that would whip themselves?

What group was blamed for starting the disease? (its not the real answer which is cats and dogs and mice .. my teacher talked about how it is what the people in that time period thought it was)

What is a "scary" decoration on cathedrals and castles called and what was the "scary" water spouts called?

Thanks for the help

Re: Blakc Plague

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Jo View Post
    I have a few questions for a test coming up and I do not know the answers. I am doing independant study from home and do not get a book and must use the internet as a resource. I was wondering these questions about the dark ages,

What is the name of the black swellings associated with the disease? --> buboes (swellings in lymph nodes)

what were the people called that would whip themselves? --> Flagellants

What group was blamed for starting the disease? (its not the real answer which is cats and dogs and mice .. my teacher talked about how it is what the people in that time period thought it was)

What is a "scary" decoration on cathedrals and castles called --> "The basic Gothic style was revamped with elaborate decoration in the late medieval period. Sculptors in Italian city-states emulated the work of their Roman forefathers while sculptors in northern Europe, no doubt inspired by the devastation they had witnessed, gave way to a heightened expression of emotion and an emphasis on individual differences."

and what was the "scary" water spouts called? --> gargoyle

Thanks for the help
    Thanks to Wikipedia.
    Last edited by Kraken; 04-Jun-2008 at 19:33.