Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Gargoyles

  1. Riley Jo's Avatar

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 7

    Exclamation Gargoyles

    I currently recieved answers for my question on the black plauge but... i =need to know the different names .. one is scary decoration on cathedrals and castles.. the other is the same thing but is a water spout and is named something different.. which is which?? and whats the other one called

  2. Kraken's Avatar

    • Join Date: Sep 2006
    • Posts: 333

    Re: Gargoyles

    When used in conversation, grotesque commonly means strange, fantastic, ugly or bizarre, and thus is often used to describe weird shapes and distorted forms such as Halloween masks or gargoyles on churches. More specifically, the grotesque forms on Gothic buildings, when not used as drainspouts, should not be called gargoyles, but rather referred to simply as grotesques, or chimeras.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts