1. sam28sam

Homework

The question is Read the following passage and underline all the verbs that have had their final consonant doubled before a suffix has been added?this is how the passage reads would you be able to to tell me what words need underlining please?heres the passage:

They were all enjoying a wonderful time in the park. Young children were hopping ans skipping about,and some were spinning round and round until they were so dizzy they slipped over. The park keeper was busy trimming the hedge,and the ducklings were swimming in the pond. A small boy could be heard crying after he had dropped his ice cream on the grass, and a little girl was begging her mother to let her stay just a little longer. Suddenly a stange sound could be heard...

please reply
    thanks
    sam

Re: Homework

Quote Originally Posted by sam28sam View Post
    The question is Read the following passage and underline all the verbs that have had their final consonant doubled before a suffix has been added?this is how the passage reads would you be able to to tell me what words need underlining please?heres the passage:

They were all enjoying a wonderful time in the park. Young children were hopping ans skipping about,and some were spinning round and round until they were so dizzy they slipped over. The park keeper was busy trimming the hedge,and the ducklings were swimming in the pond. A small boy could be heard crying after he had dropped his ice cream on the grass, and a little girl was begging her mother to let her stay just a little longer. Suddenly a stange sound could be heard...

please reply
    thanks
    sam
    I have highlighted all the verbs in which the last consonant has had to be doubled. I think that is what you needed.