• Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Kindly help me with letter

I need to write a warning letter formally to one of my staff, who is
    a) mis-handling cash
    b) Lack of co-ordination with other staff
    He is good person. I need to warn softly so that he may correct and continue to work. He is having family and many commitments, consider all this I dont want to fire, but i want to give a chance to correct his behaviour.
    Kindly assist to write formal letter to my employee
    Thanks & Regards

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Kindly help me with letter

Hi new2grammar! You may adopt this letter with minor changes.

Dear Mr. Xyz,

You have been working in this establishment for quite some time and due to your sincerity and trustworthiness you are entrusted with the important task of handling the cash. However, off late I have been watching you to be not only failing in your duties but also in maintaining a healthy relationship with your co-workers in the office. On one occasion while taking physical verification of cash, there was some shortage. This being the first incident, I took a lenient view of the matter and let you off with a verbal warning but there was a similar incident a few days ago. Added to this, there have been several complaints from office staff about your unbecoming behavior to-wards them which jeopardize the discipline in the office.
    Though I still consider you as one of the loyal employee of the organization, these lapses on your part have made me to view them very seriously, so much so to a point of loosing confidence on you.. However, I honestly hope that you would realize gravity of the situation and take necessary corrective measures so as not to compel me to completely change my opinion about you and resort to grave punitive action.

Sincerely yours.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Kindly help me with letter

Is this a writing assignment or a REAL situation?

If it is REAL:
    I would keep it short and simply call for a conference with him to discuss those two issues. Put the letter in his work file. If the issues don't get resolved, you have a dated record that you have talked with him, in case you need to let him go.

Example:

Dear Mr. Green.

I would like to hold a conference with you to discuss the following office procedures and policies for: 1) handling cash receipts and 2) coordinating jobs with other staff members.

It has been brought to my attention that you may have some confusion about these procedures and I want to make sure that you and I have talked about them. Hopefully, our talk will clear up any questions you may have.

Please report to my office on Wednesday, June 21, at 2:00 p.m.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Oriya
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Exclamation Re: Kindly help me with letter

Hi susiedqq! Your advice for a real situation like this is most approprite to deal with people in an organisation. The problem with new2grammar is that he has decided to issue a formal letter of warning and wanted to use language which should be soft but with a veiled threat of serious action so as to have positive impact on his incumbent.

Re: Kindly help me with letter

Quote Originally Posted by Manas Ranjan Mallick View Post
    Hi susiedqq! Your advice for a real situation like this is most approprite to deal with people in an organisation. The problem with new2grammar is that he has decided to issue a formal letter of warning and wanted to use language which should be soft but with a veiled threat of serious action so as to have positive impact on his incumbent.

If the situation is a real one, then Susie is right to suggest a short letter which is to the point. Her letter seems to me absolutely on target. It is inviting him to discuss things he may have misinterpreted. Unless this discussion takes place, he may continue to make mistakes and eventually be fired. It makes no accusations and is offering a positive action rather than merely threatening.