1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Question Hello everyone!

hi! I have a doubt..
    which is the difference between "SEE" and "MEET" or better said between We will meet again and we will see again

for me meet means have an appointment and stay together and talk because we want so not because just happened.
    see could mean (for me) an accidental meet, or see a person from the distance and not talk to him/her.
    I tried to explain my point of view but itís quite hard..
    J

can someone help me??
    thankís!!

Smile Re: Hello everyone!

Actually, I had never thought of the difference between these words. But if see was an accidental meeting, then why do we say 'See you later!' or See you at 7 o'clock?

Re: Hello everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Joxx View Post
    hi! I have a doubt..
    which is the difference between "SEE" and "MEET" or better said between We will meet again and we will see again

for me meet means have an appointment and stay together and talk because we want so not because just happened.
    see could mean (for me) an accidental meet, or see a person from the distance and not talk to him/her.
    I tried to explain my point of view but itís quite hard..
    J

can someone help me??
    thankís!!
    First of all, 'see' is transitive in this meaning, i.e. it requires an object to complete the meaning. e.g. I'll see you later. Or 'We'll see each other later.' Meet can be used without an object: We'll meet at the show.

2. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Iím trying to understand if someone says Ąweíll meet again through the year and we shall see againĒ means that Iíll meet that person because heíll come for work (for example) in my city and there is the possibility that weíll meet again accidentally again or because he wants to meet me againÖ
    Iím trying to understand if there is a difference in the meaning..

Quote Originally Posted by Joxx View Post
    I’m trying to understand if someone says „we’ll meet again through the year and we shall see again” means that I’ll meet that person because he’ll come for work (for example) in my city and there is the possibility that we’ll meet again accidentally again or because he wants to meet me again…
    I’m trying to understand if there is a difference in the meaning..
    When one says 'we'll meet again' he gives his forecast, which could imply hope, threat, etc. - whatever, depending on context. The same holds good for 'I'll see you again'. I don't like 'through the year'. It seems 'this year' would sound better.
    'I'll be seeing you' suggests a matter-of-course action, i.e. an action which is due to happen in the normal, natural course of events. We are not making any special appointment, the meeting will take place anyway because we work in the same office, or live next door.