Grammar(error identification)

There may be a mistake in each of the sentences below.In some of them-there might be not an error.

1.A.While Jane was a child her mother published a collection of bedtime stories B.which were her own C.versions of well-known fairytales.
    2.A spokesman at A.the company's B.headquarter said the company had acted according to the laws and remained commited C.to continuing construction of the project.
    3.An experimental study showed that in the brains of genetically altered mice,serotin levels were A.up to B.nine times higher C.than normally.
    3.One of the reason I liked A.staying with my parents was B.because they would always have some delightful C.surprises in store for me.
    4.A.As in France,people in Switzerland often go to the railroad station restaurant for a meal B.even if they C.are not travelling.
    5.The island is likely to get its power restored A.in B.five-six days ,after a massive power blackout C.over the weekend.
    6.A.By definition,B.time and space C.could not exist before the beginning of the Universe since they were created in the Big Bang along with all the matter and radiation in the Universe.

My guesses:1-no error;2-C.comitted to continue;3-C.than normal;4-A.Like in France;5-c.couldn't have existed

1.A.When Jane was a child her mother published a collection of bedtime stories B.which were her own C.versions of well-known fairytales.
    2.A spokesman at A.the company's B.headquarters said the company had acted according to the laws and remained commited C.to continuing construction of the project.
    3.An experimental study showed that in the brains of genetically altered mice,serotin levels were A.up to B.nine times higher C.than normal.
    3.One of the reasons I liked A.staying with my parents was B.that they would always have some delightful C.surprises in store for me.
    4.A.As in France, people in Switzerland often go to the railroad station restaurant for a meal B.even if they C.are not travelling.
    5.The island is likely to get its power restored A.in B.five to six days ,after a massive power blackout C.at the weekend.
    6.A.By definition,B.time and space C.could not have existed before the beginning of the Universe since they were created in the Big Bang along with all the matter and radiation in the Universe.

1. Why is 'while' not appropriate here?
    5. Why not 'over'?
    Last edited by David L.; 09-Jun-2008 at 21:07.

Re: Grammar(error identification)

I am not a teacher, but I am almost sure that:

1. A. When
    2. B. headquarters C. to continuing
    3. C. than normal

3 again (?). Is this sentence complete? Shouldn't it be "One of the reasons why I like to stay..."?

4. A. As in France (sounds OK)
    5. OK
    6. C. could not have existed

Any teacher around?

Re: Grammar(error identification)

Hey, you beat me to it!

By the way, why "following" and not "after"?