• Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Exclamation Article

Hi there,

I need to complete an article. I'm not sure my answers are correct. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Two of the world's most important terror suspects have been seized by Scotland Yard. One is said to be a senior al Qaeda operative while the other is accused of being a major fundraiser for terrorism around the world. Abec was arrested yesterday: he is believed by US intellignece to be trusted aides of Bin Laden and to have plotted to blow up Jewish target. Khan is accused of using websited and emails to supply money and property for acts of terrorism. He is said by New York times to be a relative of Osama Bin Laden.

Thank you
    W

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

Re: Article

Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post

Two of the world's most important terror suspects have been seized by Scotland Yard. One is said to be a senior al Qaeda operative while the other is accused of being a major fundraiser for terrorism around the world. Abec was arrested yesterday: he is believed by US intellignece [intelligence] to be trusted aides [a trusted aide] of Bin Laden and to have plotted to blow up Jewish target [either ' a Jewish target' or 'Jewish targets']. Khan is accused of using websited [websites] and emails to supply money and property for acts of terrorism. He is said by New York times [The New York Times] to be a relative of Osama Bin Laden.

Your grammar is fine, just typographical errors!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Article

Quote Originally Posted by Will17 View Post
    Hi there,

I need to complete an article. I'm not sure my answers are correct. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Two of the world's most important terror suspects have been seized by Scotland Yard. One is said to be a senior al Qaeda operative while the other is accused of being a major fundraiser for terrorism around the world. Abec was arrested yesterday: he is believed by US intellignece to be a trusted aide of Osama Bin Laden and to have plotted to blow up Jewish targets. Khan is accused of using Web sites and emails to supply money and property for acts of terrorism. He is said by the New York Times to be a relative of Osama Bin Laden.

Thank you
    W
    My comments in purple. Usually you use the full name of the person the first time and can use the last name in future references.

emails is subject to some debate. Some would say "e-mail" some "e-mails" some "email" and some "emails." I don't think any is "correct" right now - it's a style that is in the process of changing.