What's the difference between "when I'm around you" and "when I'm with you"?

"For some reason, when I'm around you, I'm not, careful."

Is there a difference between "when I'm around you" and "when I'm with you"? Thanks for your help.

Smile Re: What's the difference between "when I'm around you" and "when I'm with you"?

Quote Originally Posted by XINLAI-UE View Post

Is there a difference between "when I'm around you" and "when I'm with you"? Thanks for your help.
    iam william hello: to know more about usaing around or with you can see grammer glossary good bye

Re: What's the difference between "when I'm around you" and "when I'm with you"?

Either are acceptable (though the last comma should be taken out). There isn't much of a difference between the two, but "with you" implies a stronger connection. It is more intimate. However, I would use either in normal speech.

When I'm around you, I feel happy. / When I'm with you, I feel happy.

I'd probably say the first to a friend, and the second to a girlfriend or a very close friend.

captal

VIP Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China

Re: What's the difference between "when I'm around you" and "when I'm with you"?

They're interchangeable in that sentence. Note that, with you can also express closeness, as in intimacy, as captal mentions in post #3.