Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Newbie
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 16

    What is this called in English-speaking countries?

    In China several residential buildings are built together in a small area with some flowers and trees planted in it. People living in the areas share the parking lot, the garden benches, the turf and enter the area through the same gate. Chinese people call this a "garden" or something like that. But I wonder what this is called in English-speaking countries and what do you put it when you are writing it on an envelope?

    Thank you very much!

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434

    Re: What is this called in English-speaking countries?

    Sounds like what we call "residential developments", which are given several names like "xxxx Close", "xxxx Gardens", "xxxx Mews". The address will depend on what the place has been named.

Similar Threads

  1. Welcome people who likes speaking English...
    By yenjulia in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-Jun-2008, 19:23
  2. the importance of the English language
    By sadness in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-May-2008, 00:05
  3. What is it called in English?
    By sky753 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-Aug-2007, 11:58
  4. improving english speaking
    By englishspeaking in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2006, 05:12
  5. Why I am always nervous when speaking English?
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2006, 08:38


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts