Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Unregistered

    Question Where to start to get tested

    I am not a teacher. I have a 17 yr.old son who I feel is still struggling with comprehension problems and I don't know where to go to get him tested. He will be a senior in high school this fall. Could someone direct me on how to get started in this process.
    Thank you,

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jan 2008
    • Posts: 2,944

    Re: Where to start to get tested

    Are you in the US? Still in school?

    If so, contact his counselor and request the order to have him tested for comprehension. OR ask a certified reading teacher to test him.

    My grandaughter was tested for comprehension. The reading teacher lowered the reading level of the material by 2 grades and then asked questions about the subject matter. Her comprehension disability (organizational problems, and stress level, too) showed up.

    Contact your local high school for the name of a reading teacher who can do this. Exprect to pay a small fee, but less than for a psychological. The reading teacher will tell you what steps to take next.

Similar Threads

  1. Where to start?!
    By stuartnz in forum Teaching English
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-Mar-2008, 21:48
  2. I had tested vs I have tested
    By hampeh in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Feb-2008, 14:00
  3. Get off to a start
    By Lukys in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-Nov-2007, 20:28
  4. (Ver 2) First, firstly, initially, start, beginning
    By Wai_Wai in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-Oct-2004, 22:47


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts