overzealous proofreading?

Hello folks, I'm trying my hand at proofreading to see how I would do, but there are some sentences that struck me as as wrong, incomplete or just awkward, though they might be perfectly fine: here they are, let me know what you think, thanks.

"After being granted co-hosting of Euro 2012, it is unclear whether..."
    can you say "granted co-hosting"? I would add something like "co-hosting rights". Second, I believe there shold a 'the' before "euro 2012".

"must establish an effective system for missing child feedback."
    I googled 'missing child feedback' and there were only 3 search results, suggesting it's a made-up term, this may be confusing to understand. I would change the term

"although with one of the highest proportions of educated women in the world..."
    I don't know about the use of 'proportions' here...

"the health care industry, coupled with changes in legislation could activate a large amount of potential invesment."
    this sentence just doesn't make sense to me.

"teachers, who often brag about how educated they are and how competent, do it only..."
    I would change this to "how educated and competent they are..."

Re: overzealous proofreading?

Welcome to the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenglain View Post
    Hello folks, I'm trying my hand at proofreading to see how I would do, but there are some sentences that struck me as as wrong, incomplete or just awkward, though they might be perfectly fine: here they are, let me know what you think, thanks.

"After being granted co-hosting of Euro 2012, it is unclear whether..."
    can you say "granted co-hosting"? I would add something like "co-hosting rights". Second, I believe there shold a 'the' before "Euro 2012". It is fine as it stands. "co-hosting" is the joint hosting of an event, in this case "Euro 2012" which is the title of the event.

In this situation, a proofreader can indicate a doubt and refer it back to the author for decision, but is unwise to change without agreement.

"must establish an effective system for missing child feedback."
    I googled 'missing child feedback' and there were only 3 search results, suggesting it's a made-up term, this may be confusing to understand. I would change the term

It is probably the author's term - it is not clear if the term should be "missing-child feedback" [information relating to children that are missing] or missing child feedback [the feedback from children is missing] - full context will tell you which it is.

"although with one of the highest proportions of educated women in the world..."
    I don't know about the use of 'proportions' here...

Full context of the sentence/paragraph is needed to decide.

"the health care industry, coupled with changes in legislation could activate a large amount of potential investment."
    this sentence just doesn't make sense to me.

Without a capital letter at the start, it is not possible to tell if this is a part sentence or not. However, I would read it as
    The health system, coupled with changes in legislation, could activate a large amount of potential investment. ie: In conjunction with changes in legislation, it is possible for the health system to attract investors.

"Teachers, who often brag about how educated they are and how competent, do it only..."
    I would change this to "how educated and competent they are..."

I would leave it severely alone. This is fine and what the author wanted to say.