Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 58
    #1

    which one is the best

    I still remember I fell in love with English from a very young age ,because I thought it was such a(n) ______ language .
    A. helpful B. wonderful  C.  exciting  D.  car eful

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 140
    #2

    Re: which one is the best

    Quote Originally Posted by naroad View Post
    I still remember I fell in love with English from a very young age ,because I thought it was such a(n) ______ language .
    A. helpful B. wonderful  C.  exciting  D.  car eful
    B


    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 58
    #3

    Re: which one is the best sutable

    Quote Originally Posted by venkatasu View Post
    B
    Why?
    I think C is also suitable.

  1. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,596
    #4

    Re: which one is the best sutable

    Quote Originally Posted by naroad View Post
    Why?
    I think C is also suitable.
    Do you have to choose only one? If so, then I think that venkatasu is probably right, if not, then C is also suitable, as you say.


    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 58
    #5

    Re: which one is the best sutable

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Do you have to choose only one? If so, then I think that venkatasu is probably right, if not, then C is also suitable, as you say.
    Why is B better than C?


    • Join Date: May 2008
    • Posts: 80
    #6

    Re: which one is the best

    A, B, and C all sound fine to me.

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,596
    #7

    Re: which one is the best sutable

    Quote Originally Posted by naroad View Post
    Why is B better than C?
    O.K. naroad, you have not said if it is a one choice question or not. If it is then taking in to account the way that English is taught in the (non-English speaking) world, B is probably the right answer, however to be strictly true to the English language, C is possible, A is also possible, but I doubt very much that it is correct for you. Or your examiners.


    • Join Date: Jun 2008
    • Posts: 58
    #8

    Re: which one is the best sutable

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    O.K. naroad, you have not said if it is a one choice question or not. If it is then taking in to account the way that English is taught in the (non-English speaking) world, B is probably the right answer, however to be strictly true to the English language, C is possible, A is also possible, but I doubt very much that it is correct for you. Or your examiners.

    If it is then taken into account

  3. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,596
    #9

    Re: which one is the best

    O.K. naroad, you have not said if it is a one choice question or not. If it is, then taking in to account the way that English is taught in the (non-English speaking) world, B is probably the right answer, however to be strictly true to the English language, C is possible, A is also possible, but I doubt very much that it is correct for you. Or your examiners. Sorry, I forgot the comma.

  4. Soup's Avatar
    VIP Member
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 5,882
    #10

    Re: which one is the best

    I still remember I fell in love with English from a very young age, because I thought it was such a(n) ______ language.

    A. helpful 

    B. wonderful 
    <capable of eliciting wonder, arouse [one's] wonder e.g., encourage one to want to study English>
    C. exciting  
    <to arouse or stir up (emotions or feelings>
    <creating or arousing excitment>
    <stimulating interest and discussion>
    D. careful

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •