Talking a day

Could anyone whose first language is English please correct the following?and please give the reasons for corrections. Thanks.

Today, I can finally take a short break. One after another exams has exhausted me(plz! give other common ways to say this)

Re: a day

Quote Originally Posted by eelt View Post
    Could anyone whose first language is English please correct the following?and please give the reasons for corrections. Thanks.

Today, I can finally take a short break. One after another exams has exhausted me(plz! give other common ways to say this)
    Recently I've taken one exam after another and I'm exhausted!

I can now, finally, take a short break.

"Recently" expalins when the exams happened.

To "take" an exam. To complete, to undergo, to sit, to do.

It should read "one exam after another" - (another example is "one problem after another") and the noun (exam) doesnt require an "s" - it is singular.

I've added "now" to show that, at this present time, you are currently taking a break. I have also added some punctuation to the sentence.

I have also reversed the sentences, so that the first one explains what has happened (in the past) and the second explains what is now happening (in the present). This seems clearer to me.

I am not a teacher. These are just my opinions and thoughts.
    Last edited by colloquium; 21-Jun-2008 at 10:31.

Re: a day

colloquium! Thanks for your recommdations.:)