• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

What else is for a subtitle/subheading in English?

The following is my transcription of what the teacher of an online teaching program said:

OK, friends, welcome back. Before we jump into our text, let’s take a look at the dec (?)for the article, which reads, “One of the world’s most respected film makers takes on an Olympic task.”

Although I have viewed the part of the video several times, I'm still unable to make out what the accurate word is before "for the article." That word, which sounds like "dec" or "deck" or something like that, means "subtitile" or "subheading"for sure. And this is the full title of the article:

Zhang Yimou
    One of the world’s most respected film makers takes on an Olympic task

Thanks.

PS: It is the title for today's(June 23) StudioClassroom article. If you would like to take the trouble to watch that video, you please go to http://digichannel.go2school.com.tw/?link=tv/tv.asp. It is in Section 1, which lasts 10 minutes and 19 seconds(10:19) and this remark comes right at 02:54/10:19. You can just fastforward it and go to that location of the video. If you want to check on the title, you please just stop at 01:36/10:19.

Last edited by ohmyrichard; 23-Jun-2008 at 03:56.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

Re: What else is for a subtitle/subheading in English?

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyrichard View Post
    The following is my transcription of what the teacher of an online teaching program said:

OK, friends, welcome back. Before we jump into our text, let’s take a look at the dec (?)for the article, which reads, “One of the world’s most respected film makers takes on an Olympic task.”

Although I have viewed the part of the video several times, I'm still unable to make out what the accurate word is before "for the article." That word, which sounds like "dec" or "deck" or something like that, means "subtitile" or "subheading"for sure. And this is the full title of the article:

Zhang Yimou
    One of the world’s most respected film makers takes on an Olympic task

Thanks.

PS: It is the title for today's(June 23) StudioClassroom article. If you would like to take the trouble to watch that video, you please go to http://digichannel.go2school.com.tw/?link=tv/tv.asp. It is in Section 1, which lasts 10 minutes and 19 seconds(10:19) and this remark comes right at 02:54/10:19. You can just fastforward it and go to that location of the video. If you want to check on the title, you please just stop at 01:36/10:19.

I am not able to open this video. I believe you have to login to view it.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by Fame View Post
    I am not able to open this video. I believe you have to login to view it.
    No, no need to login to view the programme. It is available to everyone. When you've opened that window, you just click on SECTION 1 on the top of the right column. Then the programmes starts. Neglect all the other buttons. Everyday at midnight they upload the programme for the next day.
    Last edited by ohmyrichard; 23-Jun-2008 at 11:21.