Could you be so kind as to check and proof read my EN summary of a project (enclosed below)? Thank you very much!
The contest Businesswoman of Slovakia was launched in Slovakia in 1999 by the National Agency for Development of Small and Medium Enterprises in co-operation with Top Centrum Podnikateliek.
The main idea of the project is to reward successful women in business for their ability to establish their companies firmly in the market. Their position, in comparison with male entrepreneurs, is more difficult since most of them are responsible mothers who have to synchronize their personal and professional lives. Secondly, the project aims to showcase the best businesswomen in Slovakia and to motivate other women not to be afraid[delete - unnecessary] to start up their own business or develop existing enterprises.
The competition is designed for start-ups (women who have been doing business for a minimum of 12 months up to 3 years) as well as for well-established companies (those that have been in operation for more than 3 years). Furthermore, in 2007 a new category was introduced – Successful Sole Trader. Generally, the main eligibility criteria is the property share - a female entrepreneur has to be the sole owner of a company or must own at least 50% of the shares.
Over the past eight years, almost 400 businesswomen have striven to gain the prestigious title “Businesswoman of Slovakia”. Each year, the candidates are selected with the following criteria:
- business success in terms of economic performance
- clear idea about the future development of a company
- desire to hit higher goals when developing the business; purposeful building of goodwill, endurance and attempt to stand out
- benefits brought into a region by a company
- non-conventional way of doing business, innovative attitude towards the business plan execution
- synchronisation of personal and professional life
- application of the principles of the Ethics Code
- secured market for own goods and services
- high quality and professionalism
- exceptional standard of a customer care
- social programme for employees
Furthermore, in order to secure an objective evaluation of candidates, the members of the committee personally visit each applicant. The winners are determined according to the total number of points received from the committee members.
Interestingly, over the last two years, the committee has decided to award one female entrepreneur with an extra prize - the SPECIAL MENTION OF THE JURY. Last year, the prize was granted to a protected workshop since this kind of company employs handicapped people.
Student or Learner