fluent english

hello!

This is my first time being here in this website. i was searching around and i found this one. Anyway,Im asking for an advice on how to speak well fluently in english. i was working in call center for a week and got terminated because i didn't make it to the A.C.E training because of the Fluent Delivery part. Being terminated was really a wake up call for me. During our training we were having call simulations and it was the first time that my trainer was pretending to be an irate customer, then i was like freaking out and having this kind of lines, uhmm and sir sir sir.. Then it blew off my training and for the result, i didn't make it.

As for now I'm still reading novels and practicing english as a primary medium to talk, especially at home or even to my close friends.

I know when learning such a thing doesn't really go for an instant. it would take time, right? What im really asking is for some tips and advices that would really practice on how to be a fluent english speaker and especially how to avoid utter , regression and groping of words.

Looking forward for tips!

(this site rocks!)

Re: fluent english

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkevs View Post
    hello!

This is my first time here on this website. i searched around and found this one which seems very good. Anyway,Im asking for advice on how to speak english fluently. i worked in call center for a week, but I was let go because i didn't pass the Fluent Delivery part of the A.C.E training . Being terminated really was a wake up call for me. During our training we had call simulations and the first time that my trainer pretended to be an irate customer, i began freaking out and saying, "uhmm and sir sir sir.." due these mistakes, I didn't pass the course.

For now, I'm reading novels and practicing english as a primary medium for talking, especially at home or even to my close friends.

I know when learning a new language it doesn't happen instantly, it takes time, right? What im really asking for are for some tips and advice on how to be a fluent english speaker and especially how to avoid utter , regression and groping of words. (I'm not sure what you're trying to say here).

(this site rocks!)
    I think you should maybe study grammar more directly.

I have no problem understanding you, but you do make mistakes.

I have tried to clear up your post to give you some pointers.

I'm not a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkevs View Post
    hello!

This is my first time being here in this website. i was searching around and i found this one. Anyway,Im asking for an advice on how to speak well fluently in english. i was working in call center for a week and got terminated because i didn't make it to the A.C.E training because of the Fluent Delivery part. Being terminated was really a wake up call for me. During our training we were having call simulations and it was the first time that my trainer was pretending to be an irate customer, then i was like freaking out and having this kind of lines, uhmm and sir sir sir.. Then it blew off my training and for the result, i didn't make it.

As for now I'm still reading novels and practicing english as a primary medium to talk, especially at home or even to my close friends.

I know when learning such a thing doesn't really go for an instant. it would take time, right? What im really asking is for some tips and advices that would really practice on how to be a fluent english speaker and especially how to avoid utter , regression and groping of words.

(this site rocks!)
    Welcome to the forums.

Yes - perfection takes time to achieve, and lots of practice. However, you seem to have made a start and now want to practice extempore speaking - talking to someone without preparation.

You and some friends could have fun with play-acting dialogues - someone sets a topic or asks a question, and each in turn must say something within 15 seconds. Each comment must lead the dialogue onwards.

Have a look at these links - there may be something there for you: Language Exchanges - ESL Web Directory - UsingEnglish.com

for all those who replied. a big thanks to all of you!

(thank you for correcting my grammar!)