• Native Language:
      • Czech
      • Home Country:
      • Czech Republic
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic

between / among

Hello,
    I am writing a company official letter and I am not sure of using "between" in the following sentence:
    "- own system of groupage service between the Czech Republic and ex-Yugoslavian countries (Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina), Canada, the Baltic States, and Hungary"
    I must explain that the service is offered between the Czech Republic and ex-Yugoslavian coutries, between the Czech R. and Canada,... never between for example Canada and Hungary.

I would be gratefull for comments from native speakers from UK.

Thanks and regards,
    Marketa

Re: between / among

Quote Originally Posted by jirickova View Post
    Hello,
    I am writing a company official letter and I am not sure of using "between" in the following sentence:
    "- own system of groupage service between the Czech Republic and ex-Yugoslavian countries (Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina), Canada, the Baltic States, and Hungary"
    I must explain that the service is offered between the Czech Republic and ex-Yugoslavian coutries, between the Czech R. and Canada,... never between for example Canada and Hungary.

I would be gratefull for comments from native speakers from UK.

Thanks and regards,
    Marketa
    Working from the Czech Republic, we offer our own system of groupage service to Canada, the Baltic States, Hungary and the ex-Yugoslavian countries (Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina).

I have tried to make it clearer that your business is always done from the Czech Republic.

Starting with the non-finite clause "Working from the Czech Republic" quickly and clearly establishes where your company is based, and allows you to elaborate by explaining what you do and where you offer your services to.

I have also rearranged your list of countries.

I'm not a qualified teacher.