GOT substitute BE verb for tense indicating

Our teacher has told us what irregular verb GOT could be used not just like verb for indication some action. That verb could be used for transformation present perfect sentences to past tense. In this case the verb GOT replaces the verb BE. Fro example: I am married - present continuous, I got married - past tense. One more. I am feeling bad - present continuous, I got feel bad - past tense. My question is, that is correct? And In which cases can be used the verb GOT more?
    Thanks.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: GOT substitute BE verb for tense indicating

Quote Originally Posted by allgreen View Post
    Our teacher has told us what irregular verb GOT could be used not just like verb for indication some action. That verb could be used for transformation present perfect sentences to past tense. In this case the verb GOT replaces the verb BE. Fro example: I am married - present continuous, I got married - past tense. One more. I am feeling bad - present continuous, I got feel bad - past tense. My question is, that is correct? And In which cases can be used the verb GOT more?
    Thanks.
    I got feel bad - past tenses This is completely wrong.

The verb "to get" which originally meant "to receive, to obtain" has become a multi purpose verb. It can replace, "to come", "get over here!" "to go", "get out/away", "to bring", "get me that chair!", "to become", "I am getting better". These examples are not exhaustive.