Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Key Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 1,860

    about flight tickets

    Please, how do native name the pair of tickets people use to buy when making a trip by plane, bus or train?
    The "going out" and the "coming back" tickets?
    I saw many entries of that on the Internet and I wonder if it's a natural and correct way to speak.

    • Join Date: Oct 2006
    • Posts: 19,434

    Re: about flight tickets

    A ticket to a destination is a single ticket, whether it is going to a place or coming back from a place.

    A ticket that includes both journeys is a return ticket.

Similar Threads

  1. tickets to or tickets for
    By naroad in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-Jun-2008, 05:29
  2. how was your flight?
    By queenbu in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2008, 22:02
  3. question about flight
    By jctgf in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2007, 01:17
  4. Corporate Flight Attendant
    By Ju in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-May-2007, 22:37
  5. flight and stairs
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 28-Nov-2006, 11:56


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts