"Head for gear"

In Gang of Gin, a song by the Babyshambles, the lyrics say: "she was getting pally with the scally in the alley, giving head for gear"

I understand the first part: "She was becoming friends with a scally in the alley". But what do they mean by: "Head for gear"?

Thanks in advance.

Re: "Head for gear"

Quote Originally Posted by Jellevdwerff View Post
    In Gang of Gin, a song by the Babyshambles, the lyrics say: "she was getting pally with the scally in the alley, giving head for gear"

I understand the first part: "She was becoming friends with a scally in the alley". But what do they mean by: "Head for gear"?

Thanks in advance.
    Well.... it is quite an explicit reference.

I'll P.M you. I'm not sure the definition will be appropriate on this board.
    Last edited by colloquium; 28-Jun-2008 at 09:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellevdwerff View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Jelle...

It is pretty certain that the lyric tells that she was fellating (fellatio) or giving a male oral sex ("giving head") for illegal drugs or drug equipment ("gear"). A quid pro quo of the basest type.

Rodster

Thank you. When it's told you, it looks very obvious, actually.