Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
New Zealand
Current Location
New Zealand
Thank you for the links. I use OneLook Dictionary Search almost exclusively via Firefox browser's search engine bar.

We should encourage the dissemination of free services instead of subscription based ones.

-Sdudah

It's all about choice, and for many library users, services like the OED ARE at no charge, as part of the services offered by the library. Certainly there are not many individuals who could afford the cost of the subscription, but if one's own library is already subscribed, not using the service would be silly and pointless.

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
It's all about choice, and for many library users, services like the OED ARE at no charge, as part of the services offered by the library. Certainly there are not many individuals who could afford the cost of the subscription, but if one's own library is already subscribed, not using the service would be silly and pointless.

If you have access to the OED in this way, it's certainly something to make use of. The online dictionaries are fine, so far as they go, but nothing like as comprehensive.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The OneLook Dictionary Search is good for me.
So now I can easily find the words I forget.
I guess it's not the words you forget but their definitions.
;-)

I made this one a sticky thread so it would be easy to find. I hope to eliminate the need for questions that can be answered by online dictionaries. (For example, questions about plurals.)

:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
P.S.
I have added a couple more links to useful sites. (One of the links is to a page right here on UE.)
If you have a good one post it here or send me a PM.

enydia

Member Type
Student or Learner
P.S.
I have added a couple more links to useful sites. (One of the links is to a page right here on UE.)
If you have a good one post it here or send me a PM.

Thank you very much, RonBee!:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.