Personal letter to a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluues

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear x

Right now I am sitting at a table at my uncle's house and writing you this letter. In your last letter you asked how my pracitical is going. I really can not complain because there are a lot of things to see but I am not sure if I could do every day the same thing again. Like I have already told you working in a lab is definitely fun but you have distinguish between working at a lab for a firm or for an institute where your knowledge is really important.
You know that my uncle is the owner of this firm and he has a lot of money.
During these two weeks I have been able to note how my uncle's lifestyle differs from ours and I can say that there is little different. Of course they possess more money which includes driving expensive cars and living another lifestyle but generally their behaviour and their nature resemble ours.
Due to his study in biochemistry my uncle has been able to succeed in life.
That is why I will definitely study hard to live up to my dreams!

Grretings X

Ps: This letter is based on fiction. At first I wanted to write an essay. But there was no topic I could think about.

Greetz

bwana_ndege

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear x

Right now I am sitting at a table at my uncle's house and writing you this letter. In your last letter you asked how my pracitical is going. I really can not complain because there are a lot of things to see but I am not sure if I could do every day the same thing again. Like I have already told you working in a lab is definitely fun but you have distinguish between working at a lab for a firm or for an institute where your knowledge is really important.
You know that my uncle is the owner of this firm and he has a lot of money.
During these two weeks I have been able to note how my uncle's lifestyle differs from ours and I can say that there is little different. Of course they possess more money which includes driving expensive cars and living another lifestyle but generally their behaviour and their nature resemble ours.
Due to his study in biochemistry my uncle has been able to succeed in life.
That is why I will definitely study hard to live up to my dreams!

Grretings X

Ps: This letter is based on fiction. At first I wanted to write an essay. But there was no topic I could think about.

Greetz

Dear X

Right now I am sitting at a table at my Uncle's house and writing this letter to you. In your last letter, you asked how my pracitical is going, I really can't complain. There are a lot of things to see, but I am not sure if I could do every day the same thing again. :?: I'm not clear as to what you mean here. How does the things to 'see' relate to doing the same thing every day, or do they relate to the repetative nature of the work? If they are not related to the work, then you may prefer to join this to the previous sentence to explain why you can not complain. You could then say that you do not enjoy doing the same thing every day.

As I have already said, working in a lab is definitely fun, but you have to distinguish between working at a lab for a firm, and for an institute, where your knowledge is really important. :?: You have not clarified the difference... one values your knowledge and the other.... ? You have not distinguished them in your message. I assume the differnce is related to making profit versus enhancing knowledge.

As you know, my Uncle is the owner of this firm and he has a lot of money and during these two weeks I have noticed how my Uncle's lifestyle differs from ours. I can say that there is little difference. Of course they posess more money, drive expensive cars and live a different lifestyle, but generally, their behaviour and their nature resemble ours.

Due to his study in biochemistry, my Uncle has been able to succeed in life and that is why I will definitely study hard to live up to my dreams!

Grretings X
What type of 'Greetings' are you going to use?
Eg. Regards X
('Greetings' are usually used to initiate a meeting and not end one :lol:)

Hope this helps
Kind regards
Bwana :cool:

Maluues

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hey.
Thanks for your help :=)
Writing that I couldn't do the same thing again every day means that I couldn't do a job where you have to do the same thing again and again.
This example was related to a lab in a specific firm.
Every day they have to look for bacteria in diffrent products. For me it is boring.

Kind regards
Maluues

Status
Not open for further replies.