How does a scholarship help me ralize my full potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Academic
My name is Lorane Brown who resides in St. Catherine. I am 31 years old
who am persistent, goal oriented and conscientious.
When I heard that Crown College is offering a scholarship, I was very elated
to apply because I am cognizant that this opportunity seldom occurs and
therefore I want to explore my chance of obtaining a scholarship awards. I
believe that an award of scholarship can help me to realize my full potential
in various ways.

First of all, it will enhance my desires to assist in lecturing, giving motivational
speech that will influence young people to be ardent in their lifetime goals .
Also, it can enable me to develop my skills in offering proficient accounting
services on an independent level to expedite the smooth flow of accounting
in different organization. As a young professional, I have always endeavour
to strive towards higher attainments by simply pursuing excellence in the
ideal course of education. I believe that a scholarship award will help me to
impart my requisite skills and knowledge to the wider society and by doing
so, I will also fulfill my national and societal role.

I remember when I had completed five years at Merl High School and I had
only passed three (3) subjects which included Principle of Accounts. At the
age of five I aspired to be a teacher and during forth form in high school, I
developed an interest for accounting and felt inclined to relinquish my
aspiration of being a teacher. Of course, my father was compelled to cancel
our financial ties because my other siblings were dependent on him. It was
very difficult to make two ends meet. However, I gained the courage of
perseverance. My family was relatively small and my parents had to work
extremely hard to assist the family. I felt as if my whole world was being
shattered when father could no longer supported me.
Anyhow, I was being encouraged that the best is yet to come and behind
every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Then one day I heard that HEART
institute was enrolling applicants to pursue a nine months certicate course in
Accounting or Secretarial. I was one of those persons who gained acceptance.

In April 2006, I started the accounting and computer course where I paid no tuition
fee. Lunch was being provided on a daily basis and a weekly stipend for travelling.
I made good use of the opportunity and I received a certificate of competence in
accounting and computer studies. My dreams began to realize and I felt the urge to
pursue a career in the accounting profession because I enjoyed the field of
comprehensive audit and accounting practice and I believe that it enables me to
develop my ability to maintain a good rapport with the wider society. I persisted in
providing quality service that is solely based on the strategic course work at the
institution.

Subsequently I was then sent on job experience at an accounting firm called Laura Givens and Company. I worked for approximately three months and then a permanent position was given to me where I served as an Accounting
Clerk. In addition to that, I spent 10 years with the company and was promoted as a
Senior Accounting Clerk. These years of experience had enabled me to work competently and rendered good customer service and I am certain that if I am eligible for a scholarship, it would help me to more progressive and it would also enhance my ability to diversify my knowledge to the fullest capacity. When I considered my struggles to acquire a good education, I felt the need to stay focus and avoid taking things for granted.

I have always hoped to win a scholarship in the area of my interest because I really want to fulfill my potential of being a Chartered Accountant. I believe that a scholarship would also help me to study full time and achieve my goals within fewer years. Moreover, a scholarship can prevent procrastination in that I would be so committed in taking advantage of this lifetime opportunity. On the other hand, financial constraints can prevent a person from realizing his goals and therefore a scholarship award would suffice the need of accomplishing one’s purpose and simply reinforce the mind to work assiduously within that given time. I believe that I have chosen one of the better careers that give me the opportunity to further my studies so that I can give advice or guide various business prospects of the importance of complying with the accounting standards and regulations.
For the past decade, I have gained certain temperament and expertise and I have a proven track record of professionalism and integrity. I have always felt the need to work with different personalities who can also enhance my potential in working with them. I remember when my employer encouraged me to pursue further studies in the ACCA Technician course. I did not hesitate and that course assisted me in dealing with clients’ of various business natures. It also builds my confidence in providing business solutions to different challenges. In 2003, I had successfully completed the ACCA Technician course. Subsequently, I passed four additionally CXC subjects in general proficiency grades 1 and 11.

Certainly a scholarship that is given in the profession I am pursuing can help me to realize my full potential as it will contribute to the possibility of broadening my intellectual horizon. I t can also create a wealth of opportunity from an international level and improve my quality of life. This award can enhance my educational goals and aspirations. I believe that it would help me to improve my ability to excel in my career and I would also consider it to be a joyous momentum. I am given this opportunity because I know my capabilities into reaching higher attainments. In addition to that, I endeavour to achieve excellence in an effort to make an intellectual and valuable contribution across the globe.

Finally, I consider a grant of award of any nature or interest to be an absolute honour. It would be a very great achievement to have gained a scholarship award because it can boost my area of strength, work relations and create an opportunity to realize my full potential of being a professional accountant who aspire to be more marketable in my career.

NB: I am not a teacher but I need your comment on how my essay sounds. Did I use the right grammar and does sounds interesting or boring? Can I get your response as soon as possible. Please let my essay/information be private and confidential. Thank you

1000 WORDS

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My name is Lorane Brown who resides in St. Catherine. I am 31 years old
who am persistent, goal oriented and conscientious.
When I heard that Crown College is offering a scholarship, I was very elated
to apply because I am cognizant that this opportunity seldom occurs and
therefore I want to explore my chance of obtaining a scholarship awards. I
believe that an award of scholarship can help me to realize my full potential
in various ways.
My name is Lorane Brown, and I live in St. Catherine. I am 31 years old. I am persistent, goal oriented and conscientious. When I heard that Crown College was offering a scholarship, I was eager to apply because I am aware that such an opportunity doesn't come along very often. I want to find out what my chances are of getting a scholarship. I believe that a scholarship could help me realize my full potential in various ways.
:)

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:
If I would get a sholarship I would be able to....
motivational speeches
Do not say:
develop my skills in offering proficient accounting services
endeavour to strive
I remember when I had completed
Avoid using the word expedite.

Use your own words to say what you mean to say.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.