• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Post Please correct the letter

As you are aware, we have discussed this subject in last summer. Now again he is asking that air conditioning be installed in the driver's cab of the vehicle he drives.

Mr. X has been one of our drivers since xxx. Throughout his employ, he has driven a vehicle that does not have air conditioning.

As you know, the weather this time of year is very hot. Mr. X reports he is suffering
    from headaches and other discomforts due to driving a vehicle with no mechanism for cooling.

Please look into this matter and advise how to most expeditiously equip his vehicle with air conditioning.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Please correct the letter

Say:
    This is about ______ and his complaint about _______. As you are aware, we discussed this subject last summer. Now he is asking that air conditioning be installed in the driver's cab of the vehicle he drives.

Mr. X reports that he is suffering from headaches and other discomfort due to driving a vehicle with no air conditioning.
    Note that "discomfort" is a noncount noun.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

As you are aware, we discussed this subject lasy year, but you asked me to put on hold until next season. Now he is asking that air conditioning be installed in the driver's cab of the vehicle he drives.

Mr. X has been one of our drivers since xxx. Throughout his employ, he has driven a vehicle that does not have air conditioning.

As you know, the weather this time of year is very hot. Mr. X reports he is suffering
    from headaches and other discomforts due to driving a vehicle with no mechanism for cooling.

Under the circumstances, I would request you to look into the matter and kindly do the needful.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Malaysia
      • Current Location:
      • Malaysia

JRD
    Ronbee suggested that you state briefly what your letter is about i.e. the purpose of your letter in the opening sentence before you go into the details. I think this is a good practice to adopt in letter-writing.

not a teacher

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

This is about Mr. X and his complaint about the truck he drives. As you are aware, we discussed this subject last year, but you asked me to put the matter on hold until this year. Mr. X has been one of our drivers since xxx. Throughout his employ, he has driven a vehicle that does not have air conditioning.

As you know, the weather this time of year is very hot. Mr. X reports that he suffers from headaches and other discomfort due to driving a vehicle with no mechanism for cooling.

Please look into this matter and advise how to most expeditiously equip his vehicle with air conditioning.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.