• Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb The difference between every and each

I applied as an English instructor in Bahrain Training Institute. And so I was given the chance to be interviewed yesterday by an educator from Bahrain. I was sad and confused about my answer to his question on the difference between every and each. The question sounded so easy but to be honest I was not satisfied with my answer. What is really the difference between every and each?

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: The difference between every and each

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by corafuentes32 View Post
    I applied as an English instructor in Bahrain Training Institute. And so I was given the chance to be interviewed yesterday by an educator from Bahrain. I was sad and confused about my answer to his question on the difference between every and each. The question sounded so easy but to be honest I was not satisfied with my answer. What is really the difference between every and each?
    Each person in the class has a chance. >> every person in the class considered individually. Each = individual

Every person in the class has a chance >> all the people in the class as a group. Every = all

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. As an additional query or clarification - Do I have to include the group in a sentence? I mean for example Every player in the team must cooperate. What about if I will just write Every player should cooperate? Will it be wrong?

• Post Thanks / Like

No, it would be fine.