racket

Hi,

I have a question about this word, "racket" when I am watching TV show Prison Break, what does "racket" mean in this context? Does it mean an illegal way of getting money?

Thanks for your help.

D.B.Cooper: Seen a lot of rackets in my time, but if you're doing what I think you're doing with those postcards, yours definitely takes the cake.
    C-Note: Yeah, how about saving the small talk, 'cause you and I ain't got nothing in common.
    D.B.Cooper: What do you do? Write them here and then send them to a pal in Iraq and have him mail them your wife's way?
    C-Note: Why don't you just shut your word hole 'cause you don't know nothing about my racket.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: racket

Quote Originally Posted by XINLAI-UE View Post
    Hi,

I have a question about this word, "racket" when I am watching TV show Prison Break, what does "racket" mean in this context? Does it mean an illegal way of getting money?

Thanks for your help.

D.B.Cooper: Seen a lot of rackets in my time, but if you're doing what I think you're doing with those postcards, yours definitely takes the cake.
    C-Note: Yeah, how about saving the small talk, 'cause you and I ain't got nothing in common.
    D.B.Cooper: What do you do? Write them here and then send them to a pal in Iraq and have him mail them your wife's way?
    C-Note: Why don't you just shut your word hole 'cause you don't know nothing about my racket.
    Yes, it means "scam".