Pint-Sized Slasher

Hello, teachers!

I am wondering what "Pint-Sized Slasher" is?
    Is it like a killer doll such as Chucky?

Please help me!

Re: Pint-Sized Slasher

Probably - but you give us no context to go on. Please give us your source.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, I don't have any context with me that might help understanding, but your answer "probably" means a lot to me!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Probably - but you give us no context to go on. Please give us your source.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

"Pint-sized" means someone very small in stature. "Slasher" refers to a psychopathic killer who usually uses a knife or other type of blade on his victims.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by catsrule View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't have any context with me that might help understanding, but your answer "probably" means a lot to me!
    The term must have appeared in a sentence. That would give it some context. Also, stating where you saw the sentence would provide additional context. A sports article would be one context. A news article would be a different context. What context the sentence appears in would give meaning to the sentence. If I am reading an article about a hockey game that would be one context. If I am reading an article about a serial killer that would be quite a different context. Also, even if I don't know ahead of time what the article is about if I see the sentences preceding the sentence in question that would generally be enough context. (The following sentences can be helpful but aren't always necessary.)

I am not a teacher, but I can provide the context.

"Pint-Sized Slasher" was the name of a serial killer from the game Fallout 3. While this individual is never met in person, it is alluded to twice through the entire game and all of its corresponding expansions. In one of the situations, you are able, as an older child, to don the iconic clown mask of the "Pint-Sized Slasher". This guise is convincing enough to throw the local adults into a frantic panic.

The game made it unclear whether this serial killer was an extremely disturbed child or just an extremely disturbed adult of very small stature. However, "Pint-Sized" definitely referred to his below-average stature, and "Slasher" referred to his weapon-of-choice being a large kitchen knife.

I hope that clears it up for everyone.