really not sure

I am not sure if this is correct:

Each design unit expresses design knowledge of a type of abstract layer product, including the known design knowledge and experience of this type of product.

or this is:

Each design unit expresses the design knowledge of a type of abstract layer products, including the known design knowledge and experience of this type of products. (or: including the known design knowledge and experience about it.)

or any better way to rewrite it.

Re: really not sure

I think that the second sentence is better. Products need to be plural, but depends the context could be just "it".

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by fang2008 View Post
    I am not sure if this is correct:

Each design unit expresses design knowledge of a type of abstract layer product, including the known design knowledge and experience of this type of product.

or this is:

Each design unit expresses the design knowledge of a type of abstract layer products, including the known design knowledge and experience of this type of products. (or: including the known design knowledge and experience about it.)

or any better way to rewrite it.
    Hi Fang

Not to sure what you are getting at, to give an informed reply we need a bit more background on what the subject is all about.
    Regards Stilo

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Hi fang2008

As a Brit, but not a teacher I struggled, like Stilo, to understand what you were trying to say.

That having been said, I believe what you could be trying to say is:

"Each of the company's Design Units encompass not only the detailed design knowledge of the particular model concerned but the full corporate experience of the type of product concerned.

Hope this helps

Regards
    NT