• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Hi, please don't be offended, but I just want know natives's suggestions.

Hello Dear Native Speakers and Teachers,

Can you please tell me if there any errors in the text below?

I have visited so many places in my vacation so far, but the one place I have regularly visited is KFC. Almost every Saturday night, we go to KFC. The ambiance, the food, the menu, in fact everything there is just superb. It's almost every age person's most favorite and preferred restaurant. Kids can choose their favorite food from the KFC Kids' Choice Menu, which is wrapped in a cute Kids’ Meal bag to put an even bigger smile on their faces. I like the Zinger Burger. There are also loads of surprises for kids. Adults can embellish their trays according to their tastes. The food is not just finger lickin' good tasting, but also high quality. The ingredients are very nutritious and wholesome. In a nutshell, it's the best restaurant in town, and I love it.

Thank You.
    Last edited by Mister Nutty; 27-Jul-2008 at 21:03.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Hi, please don't be offended, but I just want know natives's suggestions.

It's almost every age person's most favorite and preferred restaurant.

I might say instead: "It seems to be the favorite restaurant among people of all ages."

On a personal note, I must agree with you! Sure, it's not the healthiest food in the world, but it's darned tasty and KFC is still one of my very favorite fast food restaurants!

Another personal note:
    Nothing can beat a Big Mac.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Quote Originally Posted by IvanV View Post
    Another personal note:
    Nothing can beat a Big Mac.

Quite true! I must admit that during my many trips abroad, after subsisting on the local cuisine (some of which was very good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes your tummy yearns for home) for three or four days in a row, nothing tasted so delicious as the Big Mac and fries at the nearest McDonald's.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    It's almost every age person's most favorite and preferred restaurant.

I might say instead: "It seems to be the favorite restaurant among people of all ages."

On a personal note, I must agree with you! Sure, it's not the healthiest food in the world, but it's darned tasty and KFC is still one of my very favorite fast food restaurants!
    Thank you for such a brilliant suggestion, Ouish. Can you tell me why you've used "the" before "favorite"?

By the way, can't it be made a bit more better?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    Quite true! I must admit that during my many trips abroad, after subsisting on the local cuisine (some of which was very good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes your tummy yearns for home) for three or four days in a row, nothing tasted so delicious as the Big Mac and fries at the nearest McDonald's.
    Hahaha, like reading my own words!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Hahaha, like reading my own words!
    Hello IvanV,

Can the text be more vivid?

Here's the improved version:

I have visited so many places in my vacation so far, but the one place I have regularly visited is KFC. Almost every Saturday night, we go to KFC. The ambiance, the food, the menu, in fact everything there is just superb. It seems to be the favorite restaurant among people of all ages. Kids can choose their favorite food from the KFC Kids' Choice Menu, which is wrapped in a cute Kidsí Meal bag to put an even bigger smile on their faces. I like the Zinger Burger most. There are also loads of surprises for kids. Adults can embellish their trays according to their tastes. The food is not just finger lickin' good tasting, but also high quality. The ingredients are very nutritious and wholesome. In a nutshell, it's the best restaurant in town, and I love it.

What do you mean by 'vivid'?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

What do you mean by 'vivid'?
    I mean 'better'.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Urdu
      • Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Nutty View Post

I have visited so many places in my vacation so far, but the one place I have regularly visited is KFC. Almost every Saturday night, we go to KFC. The ambiance, the food, the menu, in fact everything there is just superb. It seems to be the favorite restaurant among people of all ages. Kids can choose their favorite food from the KFC Kids' Choice Menu, which is wrapped in a cute Kidsí Meal bag to put an even bigger smile on their faces. I like the Zinger Burger most. There are also loads of surprises for kids. Adults can embellish their trays according to their tastes. The food is not just finger lickin' good tasting, but also high quality. The ingredients are very nutritious and wholesome. In a nutshell, it's the best restaurant in town, and I love it.

I think "The food is not just finger lickin' good tasting, but also high quality. The ingredients are very nutritious and wholesome." sounds a bit odd.

What about " Although it's not the healthiest food in the world, it's so darn tasty."? (As Ouisch put it.)