Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Verb name

  1. Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

    • Join Date: Jan 2003
    • Posts: 149

    Verb name

    Dear Sirs,

    What is the name of the verbs in the group of "interest, surprise, confuse, absorb, amaze, amuse, annoy, astonish, bore, charm, etc." which can form to be an adjective and a participle by adding -ed and -ing. I could not find it in your web site (Glossary).

    Best regards,

  2. Editor,
    English Teacher
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 72,257

    Re: Verb name

    I don't know of any special term, because the present and past participles of most verbs can be used as adjectives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts