• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

procreation

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know here what the religous groups( fundamentalist religion or pro-life movement) advocate, supporting the use of condemn or oppose it?

...But in talking with even religious groups, that are concerned about the use of condemn for the prevention of procreation. They agree with me that the threat of aids to the heath of the nation is sufficiently great So that we can suggest that this is an acceptable method of protecting health...
    The reason why I raised the question is from the passage it seems to me that some religious groups oppose the use of condemn?
    So, I hope you can provide more background?
    Regards
    Sky

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: procreation

Quote Originally Posted by sky753 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to know here what the religous groups( fundamentalist religion or pro-life movement) advocate, supporting the use of condemn or oppose it?

...But in talking with even religious groups, that are concerned about the use of condemn for the prevention of procreation. They agree with me that the threat of aids to the heath of the nation is sufficiently great So that we can suggest that this is an acceptable method of protecting health...
    The reason why I raised the question is from the passage it seems to me that some religious groups oppose the use of condemn?
    So, I hope you can provide more background?
    Regards
    Sky
    Some religious groups oppose the use of condoms.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    Some religious groups oppose the use of condoms.

Could you brief the reason?

This passage doesn't say much. As far as I know, Roman-Catholic Church believes that the aim of sex is first of all procreation, so if you use condoms to prevent it, it is wrong. And claiming that it is for health (because of AIDS) is also incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Quote Originally Posted by ladybird987 View Post
    This passage doesn't say much. As far as I know, Roman-Catholic Church believes that the aim of sex is first of all procreation, so if you use condoms to prevent it, it is wrong. And claiming that it is for health (because of AIDS) is also incorrect.
    Many thanks! Without the explanation, I am really bewildered by the passage! At the first sight of the sentence-some religious groups are concerned with the use of condemn, I am wondering it is natural to use it for contraception! Why they regard it as a taboo? It is nonsense according to our norms!

Hope more reasons will be presented here?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by sky753 View Post
    Many thanks! Without the explanation, I am really bewildered by the passage! At the first sight of the sentence-some religious groups are concerned with the use of condemn, I am wondering it is natural to use it for contraception! Why they regard it as a taboo? It is nonsense according to our norms!

Hope more reasons will be presented here?
    Hi sky,
    The Vatican condemns the use of condoms. Is it the reason for the condemnation of condoms that is puzzling you?

So they shouldn't condemn condoms, because as well as with HIV-infection probability, there is 10% chance that one can get pregnant.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by ladybird987 View Post

So they shouldn't condemn condoms, because as well as with HIV-infection probability, there is 10% chance that one can get pregnant.
    The position of the Vatican is that unless you are attempting to become pregnant (or impregnate your wife), you should abstain from sex.
    The function of sex is procreation, not for fun or to express love or any other reason.
    If you do have sex, and God intends for a pregnancy to occur, it is not your right to try to prevent it - which is what a condom does. Using a condom is frustrating God's will.
    The prevention of HIV is simple: a virgin male marries a virgin female, and they remain faithful to each other.
    Anyhow, that's the argument. I don't subscribe to it myself, and logically it seems quite easy to refute, but millions (billions?) of Catholics are required to believe if.

I'd have a lot to add. I'd be breaking the rules then, so it's better to pass.

I.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast