Hi! I am not a teacher.
Yes, I think it does make sense. Though sad, it's poetic and beautiful. Home should be the haven of the soul!
Please read the definition about 'home' from a dictionary.
home. The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.
I hope native speakers can comment on it.Home
1. A place where one lives; a residence.
2. The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment.
3. A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household.
4a. An environment offering security and happiness. b. A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin.
5. The place, such as a country or town, where one was born or has lived for a long period.
6. The native habitat, as of a plant or animal.
7. The place where something is discovered, founded, developed, or promoted; a source.
Student or Learner