Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Point of Clarification

I am unsure as to the number of points one accumulates, in dealing with any other members' dismissive and patronizing responses to a member's post, before the axe falls.

I feel no personal sense of admonishment nor remorse at acquiring my first black badge of courage; and would suggest that either the webmaster keep his black marker handy, or decapitates now.

It is apparent to me, that some teachers contributing to this forum impart a sense of their attitude of superiority along with their knowledge; and do not hesitate to find some fault in another's post to showcase this via their dismissive and patronizing style.

I have found that I am responding to far fewer posts these days; and foresee this trend continuing. However, no doubt, further conflict will occur till my presence is severed, electronically.

I will therefore offer this farewell whilst the channel is open.

David L.

Re: Point of Clarification

The axe tends to fall once names start being called and insults exchanged. Catcalling is not desirable. Personal disagreement should be kept impersonal.

I personally will be sorry if you do depart as you have made good contributions.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Japanese
      • Home Country:
      • Japan
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

I'd like you to stay with us, Mr.David L.
    I have learned a lot of things from your posts.
    I feel, from your posts, I've been learning 'real' English, if I may say so.
    Please let us learn more from you.

I'm going to be offline for the next four days, so...
    please take good care of yourself until I see you next time.
    Last edited by tzfujimino; 18-Aug-2008 at 17:54.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Smile Re: Point of Clarification

Hi David L.,

I quite appreciate a lot of help from you as well as the other forumites. No people are perfect; neither are any forums which are made with people/teachers harboring different opinions.

I think agree at disagree would be a nice choice over a dispute if people fail to understand each other temporarily.

I hope you could stay with us.

Best regards,

TD

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Austria

Quote Originally Posted by David L. View Post
    But this a joke,right?
    Ever since first arriving at this forum I've felt both grateful for your advice and amused by your pithy remarks. (no offence intended)
    I would be extremely sorry to see you leave with most of us being none the wiser concerning this paragraph of your text.

It is apparent to me, that some teachers contributing to this forum impart a sense of their attitude of superiority along with their knowledge; and do not hesitate to find some fault in another's post to showcase this via their dismissive and patronizing style.
    I'd be very grateful if you could possibly shed some light on this bit of text.
    regards,
    beascarpetta
    Last edited by beascarpetta; 18-Aug-2008 at 21:08.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

First of all, I do think you are one of the best helpers all over the place. Indeed, your posts blow my mind at each single time. How much I have learned from you! It would bother me that much if you were to get out of here.

Besides, I know we - and personally me as well - are not always nice with you but that is life. Wherever one goes, one will get blows from others. Do not give a damn about it and let us go on to appreciate your amazing posts - really.

All this being said, I wonder if a congratulation for your great work would be a sort of gratitude towards you. Pray dears, take a look at his statistics! Is there not something obviously troubling/puzzling (by the nice way) you - through his posts? Maybe he has accordingly done so well that he would deserve the tittle of moderator. To my own modest part, it is here the thing is to go.

Hey David! Come hell or high water, you definitely will remain the best ever, or at any rate modestly one of. This does matter to me.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Good bye David!

beascarpetta asks:
    I'd be very grateful if you could possibly shed some light on this bit of text.

In explanations, I try to get down to the nitty gritty...which in this case (were I vaguely interested in raking over past pot-shots from the pea-shooter Posters) would mean quoting from posts and naming Names! (shock horror)
    No doubt, more disagreement and the right to defend their stance would ensue...all a waste of time in terms of the real purpose of this forum.

And merely hasten my blacklisting and banishment from this kingdom.
    That, I am sure, will eventuate, as I will no hesitation in responding to any future petty sniping. I did not wish to be excommunicated with one stroke overnight, and not to have foreshadowed this, with 'goodbye, it has been tremendous fun' left unsaid.

Until that happens, perhaps we have dwelt on this enough, and let's get our energies back to being more productively focused.

(And Thank You for indicating you're getting something helpful from my efforts)

David L.
    Last edited by David L.; 18-Aug-2008 at 21:35.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Kannada
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Hoax?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

David L.
    Bye David. You've done some very good work here, as others have said, and it would be sad if you could not control your narcissistic impulses enough to remain an active member. I know it's very difficult for some people to admit they are wrong, and perhaps for you it is impossible. I hope you can find some peace in an environment where you are not called upon to justify the mistakes you make.
    Good luck in your next venture.
    Raymott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast