• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Poaching-- Sentence Correction

(Due to poaching and increased cultivation in their native habitats, researchers have determined that there are fewer thatn 100 Arabian leopards left in the wild, and that these leopards are thus many times as rare as )China's giant pandas.

A) Due to poaching and increased cultivation in their native habitats, researchers have determined that there are fewer thatn 100 Arabian leopards left in the wild, and that these leopards are thus many times as rare as

B) Researchers have determised that, because of poaching and increased culitvation in their native habitats, there are fewer than 100 Arabian leopards left in the wild, and that these leopards are thus many times more rare than

Initially I got this question incorrect. I chose A. After knowing that that choice was incorrect, I could choose B among the rest 4 that were remaining. The mistake I could discern in A is 'researchers' is getting modified by Due to poaching and increased cultivation in their native habitats'.. also their seems to be referring Researchers ambigously. Is this reasoning correct?

Now my second question is:In the correct answer choice B, what does 'because of poaching and increased culitvation in their native habitats' this adverbial phrase modifying? The reason I ask this is Because of.. generally modifies verb. Also I have trouble with the referrent to their in the phrase? Is it correctly modifying Leopords. Please help understanding this question.. thanks!:)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: Poaching-- Sentence Correction

kindly someone explain this:)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu