• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

nugget of scoopery

What does 'nugget of scoopery' mean? From Entertainment News, Celebrity Gossip, Celebrity News | E! Online

This is one fascinating little nugget of scoopery I gleaned from a one-on-one talk with the always intriguing Eric Dane, who hinted at a big romance coming up for his character in the upcoming season of Grey's Anatomy.

Re: nugget of scoopery

A nugget is a small and valuable item [originally gold]

Scoopery = a journalist who hears something really newsworthy and publishes it before anyone else has had a scoop.

A nugget of scoopery = I found a really interesting bit of news before anyone else.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

:up; It may be worth pointing out that Anglika's definition (as it says, if you read it!) is of the term 'scoop'. I've never met 'scoopery', and I suspect the journalist made it up, using the suffix -ery to create a new abstract noun (perhaps with a hint of something involving naughty behaviour, as in "skullduggery" or "trickery").

b

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    :up; It may be worth pointing out that Anglika's definition (as it says, if you read it!) is of the term 'scoop'. I've never met 'scoopery', and I suspect the journalist made it up, using the suffix -ery to create a new abstract noun (perhaps with a hint of something involving naughty behaviour, as in "skullduggery" or "trickery").

b
    So, is it more common to write " nugget of scoop" instead of " nugget of scoopery"?

It is not common, period.

The writer has made it up.