• Native Language:
      • Burmese
      • Home Country:
      • Myanmar
      • Current Location:
      • Myanmar

all about by the way

Hello teachers, please help me.
    Participants were requested to prepare their own action plans by township. What is the action plan all about by the way? Action plan, sometimes called plan of operation, is an elaborated guide which calls for the implementers, here LBVD veterinary officers, to undertake development activities in order to achieve agreed goal.
    My questions are:
    Can I write What is the action plan?
    For what did the writer add “all about by the way”?
    Could you explain the reason and meaning of tha phrase please?
    Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: all about by the way

Quote Originally Posted by whitemoon View Post
    Hello teachers, please help me.
    Participants were requested to prepare their own action plans by township. What is the action plan all about by the way? Action plan, sometimes called plan of operation, is an elaborated guide which calls for the implementers, here LBVD veterinary officers, to undertake development activities in order to achieve agreed goal.
    My questions are:
    Can I write What is the action plan?
    You need an article of some kind, depending on what you mean: 'What is the action plan?' doesn't mean the same as 'What is an action plan?'
    For what did the writer add “all about by the way”? See below
    Could you explain the reason and meaning of tha phrase please?See below
    Thank you in advance.
    Your difficulty is that you're trying to understand it as 'a phrase', when it's two. The writer has strung together two idioms: 'by the way' and 'be all about...'. S/he could have foreseen the problem, and split the two phrases, either by using punctuation or by rewriting:

By the way, what's an/the action plan all about?
    or
    What's an/the action plan all about, by the way?

By the way the meaning of the expression is given in the text - given a few corrections:
    An action plan, sometimes called a plan of operation, is an elaborated guide which calls for the implementers, here LBVD veterinary officers, to undertake development activities in order to achieve an agreed goal or goals.
    To what extent it is 'elaborated' is up to the writer. Basically, it is a specification of who does what and when.

b