nothing more adj than

But Hammon says she did everything she could to get on the US team, it still wasn't enough. When it became a choice between participating in the world's greatest sporting event and watching from the sidelines, it was easy for 31-year-old Hammon.

Hammon said, "If I was 26, 25, I probably wouldn't have made this decision to play for Russia, I would have held out and hoped that United States would have come back around."

So Hammon chased her dream. There's nothing more American than that, even if she had to chase it all the way to Russia.

Hi teachers, nothing more adj than = only, right? But I don't understand the meaning of "American" in the context.

Also, I don't get the accurate meaning of the highlighted part . I found "all the way" in the dictionary which means "during the whole journey". But my vague idea of the sentence is she represents Russia to chase her dream., which has nothing to do with "during the whole journey".

Please help~~

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: nothing more adj than

Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    But Hammon says she did everything she could to get on the US team, it still wasn't enough. When it became a choice between participating in the world's greatest sporting event and watching from the sidelines, it was easy for 31-year-old Hammon.

Hammon said, "If I was 26, 25, I probably wouldn't have made this decision to play for Russia, I would have held out and hoped that United States would have come back around."

So Hammon chased her dream. There's nothing more American than that, even if she had to chase it all the way to Russia.

Hi teachers, nothing more adj than = only, right? But I don't understand the meaning of "American" in the context.

Also, I don't get the accurate meaning of the highlighted part . I found "all the way" in the dictionary which means "during the whole journey". But my vague idea of the sentence is she represents Russia to chase her dream., which has nothing to do with "during the whole journey".

Please help~~
    In your sentence "more American" is the adjective phrase, "Nothing more American" means that nothing could be more American than to do what she did. "All the way to Russia" means as far as Russia. "She had to go as far as Russia to realise her dream."

Re: nothing more adj than

Thanks for your help. But one more question. Does nothing adj more than =no more adj than?