• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Anything else?

How do I explain to call center agents that 'anything else?' does not sound so good before ending the call and that they should use 'is there anything else I can help you with?' The only reason I could think of is that it sounds too casual and it doesn't sound appropriate in a business call. Does asking 'anything else?' sound rude/arrogant in some way? Native speakers? What do you think?

Re: Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by paochai01 View Post
    How do I explain to call center agents that 'anything else?' does not sound so good before ending the call and that they should use 'is there anything else I can help you with?' The only reason I could think of is that it sounds too casual and it doesn't sound appropriate in a business call. Does asking 'anything else?' sound rude/arrogant in some way? Native speakers? What do you think?
    It's brusque, slightly rude, and would not sound friendly or helpful to the [potential or actual] customer.

You will have to emphasise that the politeness of Is there anything else I can help you with? is absolutely vital in maintaining a good customer relationship.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Sorry for the delay. Been quite busy.
    Thank Anglika. :)
    I love the way you explain things - comprehensive, clear, concise yet complete. :)
    Thanks again. :)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

How about saying 'Sir, anything else' or 'anything else ma'am' in a humble tone?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by kiranlegend View Post
    How about saying 'Sir, anything else' or 'anything else ma'am' in a humble tone?
    I think it is still rude - and even in the kindest of voices, just too abrupt. It sounds like what the customer already asked of you was an imposition and "anything else" is just too much to bear. (Learned from Barb_D)