• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Working Life III>>> Kindly correct

Never think that you are the smartest chap in the office. More important do not flaunt off your smartness to your colleague. Because you will realize it latter that you have yourself laid the trap for you to get entangled in it. Let see some of the instances, once in front of my boss, one of my colleague tom told me, he knows all the computer designing softwares. My boss heard that, indeed that was the only Tomís intention. He wanted to show off his capability. Now whenever our DTP operator is on leave, my dearest friend tom has to share that burden, after all he is capable enough isnít. Now he realize why he told all that thing in front of boss. Who is the most happiest, my boss, with one arrow he is hitting two targets, thatís too at no extra cost

Re: Working Life III>>> Kindly correct

Quote Originally Posted by new2grammar View Post
    Never think that you are the smartest chap in the office. More important, do not flaunt off flaunt OR show off your smartness to your colleague. Because you will realize it latter will realize later that you have yourself laid the trap for you to get entangled in it in which you are caught/that has caught you. Let's see some of the instances, once examples. Once, in front of my boss, one of my colleagues, Tom, told me, he knows me he knew all the computer designing softwares. My boss heard that; indeed that was the only Tomís Tom's intention. He wanted to show off his capability. Now whenever our DTP operator is on leave, my dearest friend Tom has to share that burden, take on the work. After all he is capable enough, isnít he? Now he realizes why he told all that thing in front of boss.omit Who is the most happiest, my boss, with one arrow he is hitting two targets, thatís too at no extra cost My boss is happy since he has two experts, one at no extra cost.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Punjabi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: Working Life III>>> Kindly correct

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Thanks for your help I need clarification on one thing in the last line
    My boss is happy since he has two experts, one at no extra cost.

Can I remove the comma and replace it by 'in'
    .....two experts in one ....

Not really. He has two experts for the cost of one [The employee whose job it is, and who is paid for the job, and the employee who is not paid anything extra for the extra work.]
    Last edited by Anglika; 05-Sep-2008 at 14:08.