Results 1 to 3 of 3

    • Join Date: Sep 2008
    • Posts: 1

    Lightbulb One Word for many

    Can someone give me one word for "someone who talks to oneself"? Thanks.

  1. #2

    Re: One Word for many

    (not a teacher but a native speaker). Usually those folks are called "crazy"... But really, I've never heard of an English word that means specifically that. However you might say that he mumbled incoherently, which is usually what people talking to themselves to (talking quietly and in a way that others can't understand what they are saying)

  2. beascarpetta's Avatar
    Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Austria

    • Join Date: Oct 2007
    • Posts: 2,331

    Re: One Word for many

    Actually, there is such a word , but I wouldn't think it's frequently used off-stage

    it is soliloquist , a person who delivers/utters a soliloquy , mostly on stage
    * from late Latin soliloquium, < Latin solus alone + loqui to speak

Similar Threads

  1. The meaning with no word . . .
    By ScaryEders in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-May-2009, 07:15
  2. Is it doing word?
    By Dawood Usmani in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-Mar-2008, 12:35
  3. the word challenge
    By azkad in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-Feb-2008, 10:37
  4. about the word of only
    By sariputra in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-Jun-2005, 13:10
  5. Word Checker 1 - The Dolch basic word list
    By Tdol in forum Content
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-Apr-2004, 15:30


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts