• Post Thanks / Like

could you please tell me what "to the inclusion of" means in the following sentence:

The company has entered for the complete construction project into a Contractor's all risks, fire/shell, loss of rent and third party liability insurance for the Client and the architects, engineers and entrepreneurs involved in the building project, to the inclusion of their own interest. "inclusion" is odd. It could either be "to the exclusion of their own interests" or "including their own interests". It is not clear what "their" refers to - the Company, or the participating professionals.

And my second question: Could "fire/shell insurance" mean insurance against fire of the shell of the building? I have a feeling that "shell insurance " may be "comprehensive insurance". I cannot support that argument at present, but that is my feeling. I'll keep looking.

Thanks a lot!

[Sorry, Hanka - I've done it again and hit the wrong button. I meant to quote, not edit, your post.]
    Last edited by Anglika; 06-Sep-2008 at 12:11.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: meaning

Owing Your Own Insurance Company

Thankfully, there is a commonly used shortcut which avoids some of the problems associated with starting an insurance company. Several early hurdles may be cleared by simply purchasing one of the many shell insurance companies on the market today. Ideally, a "clean shell" will be available. This is an insurance company with licenses but without old insurance liabilities or legacies.

Purchasing a shell will not eliminate critical decisions such where to domicile or in which states are licenses needed. Nor will it guarantee the required A. M. Best rating or state regulatory approval of the new ownership. However, most importantly, it will be a company that already has a state of domicile charter and existing licenses in most or all of the states desirable to the buyer.