Dr. Tancredi will do

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could take a look for me at this sentence: Dr. Tancredi will do. If I just say: Dr. Tancredi. Then is there a difference between them?

Thanks for your help.

Sara: Tattoo looks fresh. I guess, being a diabetic, you don't mind needles.
    Michael: I'm Michael, by the way.
    S: Scofield. I read your report.
    M: And you are?
    S: Dr. Tancredi will do.
    M: Tancredi like the governor? You're not related, are you? Wouldn't think you'd find the daughter of Frontier Justice Frank working in a prison. As a doctor, no less.
    S: I believe in being part of the solution, not the problem.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: Dr. Tancredi will do

Quote Originally Posted by XINLAI-UE View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone could take a look for me at this sentence: Dr. Tancredi will do. If I just say: Dr. Tancredi. Then is there a difference between them?

Thanks for your help.

Sara: Tattoo looks fresh. I guess, being a diabetic, you don't mind needles.
    Michael: I'm Michael, by the way.
    S: Scofield. I read your report.
    M: And you are?
    S: Dr. Tancredi will do.
    M: Tancredi like the governor? You're not related, are you? Wouldn't think you'd find the daughter of Frontier Justice Frank working in a prison. As a doctor, no less.
    S: I believe in being part of the solution, not the problem.
    She's telling the guy not to bother asking her first name. She has just told him that despite him saying his name is Michael she sees him as (Prisoner) Scofield. She's reminding him that this is a Doctor - Patient/Prisoner relationship and that her first name is not his business to know.