give out

If Ring of Fire were the kind of place that gave out gimmicks rather than put up with them, Humphrey would be working a "world's best ref" gimmick - he doesn't get bumped, managers don't distract him, his count is always perfectly on time, and he's intensely clear and distinct about the line between submission and failure to submit. He is, in short, a hundred percent the referee that Ring of Fire needs; I don't think he's even made a count on a dubious pinfall since 2010 - you know the kind of thing, camera shows a shoulder slightly off the mat but the script calls for the count anyway - and that gives him real authority when we run something like a ref stoppage for violent;

Does give out mean "to produce sth, send out sth " here? And put up with=tolerate?
    But it is still difficult to understand the highlighted sentence.. Please help me~~

Re: give out

Quote Originally Posted by redgiant View Post
    If Ring of Fire were the kind of place that gave out gimmicks rather than put up with them, Humphrey would be working a "world's best ref" gimmick - he doesn't get bumped, managers don't distract him, his count is always perfectly on time, and he's intensely clear and distinct about the line between submission and failure to submit. He is, in short, a hundred percent the referee that Ring of Fire needs; I don't think he's even made a count on a dubious pinfall since 2010 - you know the kind of thing, camera shows a shoulder slightly off the mat but the script calls for the count anyway - and that gives him real authority when we run something like a ref stoppage for violent;

Does give out mean "to produce sth, send out sth " here? And put up with=tolerate?
    But it is still difficult to understand the highlighted sentence.. Please help me~~
    "To give something out" = In this context, it means to use gimmicks.

Put up with = tolerate