Introduce Myself

I kind of liked what I have prepared (the following text) to introduce myself in an interview scheduled in the next month. However, there is always a room for improvement and I am looking for those improvements from this forum.. Please shower me with all the improvements you can think of..
    This will be delivered verbally.. Timed for 2.10 mts..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    First of all, I am glad to be here for an interview. My name is Jack Lester and I go by JK. (Smile)
    I started my professional career as a Mechanical Engineer after finishing up my professional graduation in a Mechanical Trade from a good university.

After working as a mechanical engineer for 4 years, my interest on computers and then market demand made me to switch my career to Information technology. (Smile)

I started my career as a Developer and grew with the companies along the way to higher positions progressively in the last 10 + years through commitment & hardwork. In the past 10 + years I worked in various capacities Like -
    Developer, Tester, Project lead, Quality analyst. (Smile) I am fortunate to have a chance to work with some big companies such as ..,,. This helped me to constantly improve my technical & personal abilities. I currenly work at .. as a .... and hold a certification .. (Smile)
    Now I am currenly preparing for another certification ...

Thats all about me (Smile)..
    Last edited by english_student2006; 21-Sep-2008 at 16:16.

Re: Introduce Myself

Can anyone please reply to my above post ??

Quote Originally Posted by english_student2006 View Post
    I kind of liked what I have prepared (the following text) to introduce myself in an interview scheduled in the next month. However, there is always a room for improvement and I am looking for those improvements from this forum.. Please shower me with all the improvements you can think of..
    This will be delivered verbally.. Timed for 2.10 mts..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    First of all, I am glad to be here for an interview. My name is Jack Lester and I go by JK. (Smile)
    I started my professional career as a Mechanical Engineer after finishing up my professional graduation in a Mechanical Trade from a good university.

After working as a mechanical engineer for 4 years, my interest on computers and then market demand made me to switch my career to Information technology. (Smile)

I started my career as a Developer and grew with the companies along the way to higher positions progressively in the last 10 + years through commitment & hardwork. In the past 10 + years I worked in various capacities Like -
    Developer, Tester, Project lead, Quality analyst. (Smile) I am fortunate to have a chance to work with some big companies such as ..,,. This helped me to constantly improve my technical & personal abilities. I currenly work at .. as a .... and hold a certification .. (Smile)
    Now I am currenly preparing for another certification ...

Thats all about me (Smile)..
    Too rehearsed. No need for all that smiling. Keep it for the end, but at all times make sure your expression is relaxed.

Start with " Thank you for seeing me today. I am very pleased to be here, and would like to tell you a little about myself. I am Jack Lester, though my friends call me JK."

Thank you Anglika for your feedback.. I took a note of your valuable comments.