Exclamation why no one answer my post ???

Activity 3: Gap-fill exercise as a review of theoretical understanding
    Select words from the box and use them in the gap fill activity below. If you finish before your peers then read through the paragraph again.

formative - external - formal - purposes - informal
    students - categorizing - grade - summative - teachers

The modes Lambert has identified demonstrate the various types and purposes of assessment. An --------------mode of assessment is probably the one used by most----------- r on a daily basis and very often such assessment is-------------------------- in nature. At some stage, however, teachers are required to report on student progress to parents, as well as-------------------- (e.g. at the end of a semester or unit). This will involve a ----------------assessment, perhaps using------------------ tasks that are common across------------- Ď levels. All this assessment is internal, but as students progress towards the end of their schooling, they are likely to face --------------assessment, such as the CEPA exam in grade 12. Lambertís modes, therefore, are helpful ways of-------------------< different types of assessment and their Ď----------------------------------------.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Smile Re: why no one answer my post ???

Hi! I'm not a teacher.

(1)Why no one answer my post ???

Here's the answer from Moderator RonBee.

There are many posts on this forum every day. Please be patient when waiting for a response to your question. It is difficult for one person to keep up with all the questions. (Indeed!) It is difficult for several people to keep up with all the questions. You might not get an immediate response. You might have to wait a while. So please be patient.

If you do get impatient waiting for an answer to your question, try sending someone a PM (private message) asking that person to respond to your post. (You might want to send more than one (to more than one person).)
    ~R
    https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/a...e-patient.html

(2) Teachers and formum members will be happy to help you with your English questions. But it would be better if you could try to do it first because the forum doesn't encourage to do homework or paper for members. And on the other hand, if you try to do it by yourself, you will improve English quicker.

Re: why no one answer my post ???

I TRIED but each time i answered it it is wrong so please help me

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: why no one answer my post ???

If you make an effort to answer the questions yourself then someone will give you help and advice, we are not here to do your work for you, that wouldn't be fair on all the other students who do it on their own.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

Smile Re: why no one answer my post ???

Quote Originally Posted by black cat View Post
    I TRIED but each time i answered it it is wrong so please help me
    Dear Black Cat,

If you answers are always right, you don't have to learn English, do you? It does matter if you answer them wrong. No one will laugh at you because we all learn English here.

And teachers would like to see how you try your efforts, and then help you out rather than simply giving you keys. Please note no one can sit exams for you finally.

I'd suggest you try to fill the blanks by your own self first. And If your answers are wrong, you should ask teachers why they are wrong, so you will remember them well.

All this assessment is internal, but as students progress towards the end of their schooling, they are likely to face ----assessment, such as the CEPA exam in grade 12.

Well, there's an anonym of "internal" in your choices. Which one is it? You will find your effords are rewarding if you read them carefully.

Please keep smiling.

<I'm not a teacher>
    Last edited by thedaffodils; 21-Sep-2008 at 19:57.