Please help me with my email

Status
Not open for further replies.

miphfz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi - I need to send a formal email to couple professors to invite them to be in my dissertation committee and I wrote the following email but I am not sure if it is good to send. The first 2 sentences sounds wrong to me but I did not know how to fix them. Could you please help me? Thanks!

Dear Prof. A and Prof. B,

I am writing to invite you to serve on my dissertation committee. I would be very grateful to have you in my committee and enrich my work with your insights.

Hoping you are agree to serve on my committee, I will want to set a proposal defense date for the last week of November, if possible. Please let me know your availability in the week of November 24-28 and I will try to schedule a time to present and defend my dissertation research proposal.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

thedeebo

Member Type
Other
Not a teacher.

If I were to write this letter, I would write:

Dear Professor A/Professor B (Obviously each would get their own letter),

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to serve on my dissertation committee. I feel that your knowledge and insights would be extremely valuable and would greatly enrich my work.

If possible, I would like to set the date of my dissertation during the last week of November. If you are available during this time and willing to serve on the committee, then please let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Me

You should probably get some other opinions as well, just to make sure. This is an important event!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.