• Post Thanks / Like

blurry

Can we use the word blurry for sound as well, or it can be used only for images.? If we can't use what is the equivalent word of blurry for the sound I mean "not clear sound"?

Thank you in advance.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: blurry

Quote Originally Posted by LwyrFirat View Post
    Can we use the word blurry for sound as well, or it can be used only for images.? If we can't use what is the equivalent word of blurry for the sound I mean "not clear sound"?

Thank you in advance.
    Yes, 'blurry' can refer to the quality of sound. I found the following in an online media journal: "Sound quality is the most important factor in a videoconference because it generally carries the most information. Echoes or blurry sound can become extremely annoying and consume unacceptable amounts of cognitive effort on the part of the participants, thus reducing the effectiveness of the collaboration."

Cheers,
    Amigo

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: blurry

Thank you amigo for the answer, I've just had an international call, and I told the lady on the phone that "sorry I can't hear you very well, your sound is blurry, it can be because of the lines".

I had used blurry unconsciously because it fits with the logic of my own language. So it seems my usage was correct.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: blurry

Quote Originally Posted by LwyrFirat View Post
    Thank you amigo for the answer, I've just had an international call, and I told the lady on the phone that "sorry I can't hear you very well, your sound is blurry, it can be because of the lines".

I had used blurry unconsciously because it fits with the logic of my own language. So it seems my usage was correct.
    Good choice of words, LwyrFirat! Your logic was correct!