• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

rained out

Please explain the following in bold in easy English.

As we'd say down home, you win some, you lose some, and some get rained out. This lady was hard-core negative. Her stinkin' thinkin' had gone into an advanced case of hardening of the attitudes that gave every indication of being terminal....... A little lady came by serving refills. I don't recall ever seeing anyone her age with as much of a twinkle in her eyes, so I smiled pleasantly and asked my famous question: "How ya' doin'?" She literally took a half step, half jump, half dance backward, grinned broadly, and said, "Honey, if it was any better, I'd think the deck was stacked!"

Thank you.

Re: rained out

you win some, you lose some, and some get rained out. = Some you win, some you lose, and some are abandoned because of adverse circumstances.

gone into an advanced case of hardening of the attitudes that gave every indication of being terminal = She was prejudiced to an extreme degree.

if it was any better, I'd think the deck was stacked!" = If things were any better than they are now, I would believe that someone was cheating to make them that way.