• Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

confirmation champion

Hello,

It's about a dog again.

Well, the dog is confirmation champion. It seems to me that the "confirmation" here is not just "certified" or "guaranteed" champion. It sounds like a kind of championship but I couldn't find the right definition. Some site says "conformation champion", does it the same? (I don't think so), anyone who knows about the doggy stuff, pls help!!!

one more question: The squeaker broke on my squeaky rubber pork chop. What does "squeaker" and "squeaky" here mean? It came from a cartoon but I dont' get it. ;-(

Tks, beeja
    Last edited by beeja; 30-Sep-2008 at 10:09.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: confirmation champion

Quote Originally Posted by beeja View Post
    Hello,

It's about a dog again.

Well, the dog is confirmation champion. It seems to me that the "confirmation" here is not just "certified" or "guaranteed" champion. It sounds like a kind of championship but I couldn't find the right definition. Some site says "conformation champion", does it the same? (I don't think so), anyone who knows about the doggy stuff, pls help!!!

one more question: The squeaker broke on my squeaky rubber pork chop. What does "squeaker" and "squeaky" here mean? It came from a cartoon but I dont' get it. ;-(

Tks, beeja
    I know nothing about dog shows, but it seems to me quite possible that there would be such a thing as a 'conformation champion'; it would be the dog who was judged to conform most closely to the ideal for that breed.

The squeaky pork chop is a toy commonly available in pet shops. It is flexible, and has a hole that lets out air when the dog chews it. When the dog lets go, it snaps back to its original 'chop' shape, sucking in air. It has a 'squeaker' inside, like a harmonica reed, so it squeaks (makes a high-pitched noise) as it recovers its shape..

b

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    I know nothing about dog shows, but it seems to me quite possible that there would be such a thing as a 'conformation champion'; it would be the dog who was judged to conform most closely to the ideal for that breed.

b

I read that too but then what about "confirmation champion"? any idea?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Quote Originally Posted by beeja View Post
    I read that too but then what about "confirmation champion"? any idea?
    If it comes from the same book, I suspect it's another pun. When a dog wants to confirm something he wags his tail. He has misinterpreted 'conformation champion', and is just saying that he's a champion 'tail-wagger'. (That's a pretty wild guess, but it's the best I can do.)

b

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

PS - Have you read the What-a-Mess stories by Frank Muir? I think you'd enjoy them; and they're very well illustrated. Read more here: Whatever happened to What-a-mess? | Books | guardian.co.uk

b

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Thai
      • Home Country:
      • Thailand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    If it comes from the same book, I suspect it's another pun. When a dog wants to confirm something he wags his tail. He has misinterpreted 'conformation champion', and is just saying that he's a champion 'tail-wagger'. (That's a pretty wild guess, but it's the best I can do.)

b
    I don't think it's a pun word. The book states only "the dog is a confirmation champion" and I searched and found there are lot of sites regarding the confirmation champion but couldn't find the site that gives me explanation what it is. Unlike the conformation champion, many website explain what it is. Huh!! I think it might be just a dog champion title.

Anyway, thanks for your help.