1. I think the the last time I saw you was at Diana's house-warming party.
==> I don't think...
(My answer: I don't think I've seen you since Diana's house-warming party.)
2. The number of accident occurring at this dangerous junction so far this year is now as high as seven.==> Already this year...
(My answer: Already this year seven accidents have occurred at this dangerous junction.)
3. Alicia must attend the dress rehearsal.
==>It is crucial that...
(My answer: It is crucial that Alicia attend the dress rehearsal.)
4. She listens for sympathetically than anyone I know.
==> She is a sympathetic listener.(I have no idea how to change this one.)
5.Happiness is elusive to rich and poor alike.
==>Whether...(My answer: Whether one is poor or rich, happiness is elusive.)
6.The restoration of communications and essential services is of prime importance for the council.
==>The first priority for the council is the restoration of communications and essential services.(No idea!)
7.The children are in disgrace for being so badly behaved.
==>The children are under a cloud for being so badly behaved. Suggestion.
(Haven't got a clue!)
8. Because the evidence was withheld, the prisoner was found guilty.
==>Had the evidence...
(My answer: Had the evidence not been withheld, the prisoner wouldn't have been found guilty.)
9. If you changed your mind, you'd be welcome to join us.
(My answer: Were you to change your mind, you'd be welcome to join us.)
10.The police have never arrived on our doorstep in the middle of the night before.
(My answer: We've never had the police arriving on our door step in the middle of the night before.)
Student or Learner